Call for Scores for February 2018 Workshop
The S.E.M. Ensemble is calling for score submissions of new works for small ensembles for inclusion in its annual Emerging Composers Workshop. Selected scores will be rehearsed and critiqued over several days in February (specific dates TBA, but will fall between the 10th and the 19th) and performed on the final night. Composers will have the opportunity to work directly with the musicians who will read their work. Only composers who are able to be present in Brooklyn during the workshop will be considered. The workshop will conclude with a public performance at Willow Place Auditorium (26 Willow Pl.) in Brooklyn Heights, date to-be-determined. Only scores for small ensembles (1-7 players) will be considered, without limitations on instrumentation. Works for small ensemble and electronics, works for small ensemble and voice, as well as solo works are also acceptable.
Please deliver or mail a package containing:
1. 1 performance-ready copy of your score (no recording necessary).
2. Statement about your work
4. $25 processing fee payable to S.E.M. Ensemble, Inc.
25 Columbia Place
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Materials should be POSTMARKED or hand-delivered NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, JANUARY 12, 2018.
For more information:
call – 718-488-7659
email – email@example.com
visit – http://semensemble.org/
S.E.M. Ensemble is a leading American group dedicated to the performance of contemporary classical music. It was founded in 1970 by the Czech composer Petr Kotik, who serves as its director, and is based in New York City.
The ensemble has performed numerous new works by a wide range of composers, which include Muhal Richard Abrams, John Cage, Roberto Carnevale, Morton Feldman, Pauline Oliveros, Henry Threadgill and La Monte Young, as well as works by Kotik himself.
In 1992, Kotik established The Orchestra of the S.E.M. Ensemble, which performs new compositions for full orchestra.
- Tibetský pláč Romana Kameše ve Washingtonu 18. ledna 2019
- Podpora mobility pro umělce a pracovníky v kultuře – Roberto Cimetta Fund 18. ledna 2019
- České centrum New York – otevřená výzva 17. ledna 2019
- Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) – iniciativa Mobility First! Cultural Mobility – výzva v r. 2019 14. ledna 2019
- Creative Eastern European Scholarship in Exhibition Development (Krems) – výzva 14. ledna 2019